If you've never been to an SCBWI conference you're really missing out.
An SCBWI conference is a chance to
- connect with others in the field,
- learn from professionals,
- and get your questions answered, etc
In short, if you're an author or illustrator - it's like a vitamin B12 shot of ideas and information.
I challenge you non-conferencers to give it a try.
- Nikki Garcia of Little Brown
- author Mary Kay Carson, - author of over 50 books
- agent Marie Lamba, agent extraordinaire
- and art director Loraine Joyner of Peachtree Publishing
Attendees could choose between six great intensive sessions.
I had a great time in the Prose, Poetry and Lyrical language
with the amazing Shutta Crum, (check out her website: Shutta.com)
Such a fabulous conference!